Did you know?
- Over 25% of the active ingredients in pharmaceutical medications come from the Amazon rainforest.
- Only 1% of the 44,000 plants in the Amazon have been studied by scientists for their medicinal value.
In 2010, a group of eight people with real and significant illnesses travelled to a remote part of the Amazon for 30-days to be treated by the local Shamans using traditional herbal remedies and spiritual practices. Of those eight:
- Five came back with real results
- Two came back disappointed
- One did not come back at all
The whole experience was filmed and turned into a feature length movie called, “The Sacred Science”, which screened in film festivals across the globe.
I have personally watched this film and highly recommend it. Although focussed upon the human healing experience, it gives proof of the healing power of herbs and other natural healing modalities, such as those that I live by and practice with horses.
I highly recommend that you watch this film, because you will walk away intrigued and empowered by the possibilities for you and your horses. You can access the free screening here.